Monday 12 June 2017

Drops of Light // The Body Shop


I think it is definitely fair to say that the older I have become the more I am interested in skincare and looking after my skin.
Last month I posted about My Skincare Saviours and I wanted to let you know about a new skincare favourite, it's from The Body Shop which always gives me some piece of mind knowing that their products are cruelty free. 

As someone who tends to struggle with dry skin this product has been absolutely mind blowing and has given me an extra level of hydration I never knew I could achieve (that all sounds extremely dramatic but just bear with me on this one.) The whole point of this Drops of Light Essence is that you use is after cleansing and toning but before your serum and moisturiser to add an extra level of light hydration.

It's probably fair to say that at 21 I don't really need to be using anti-age products but this is to combat the first signs of ageing and although I may not quite have those yet there's no harm in being prepared, maybe I can fight off even the first signs of ageing?!
This gel to water lotion helps to brighten and even out your skin tone, prepares your skin for the products to come and can be used daily to help even out the skin tone, texture and plump the skin!

In a product, all of those claims sound like quite a big thing, I mean can it do all of that whilst smelling amazing and having the cutest packaging ever? Well I can reveal that after using it for a week yes, yes it actually can.
You can apply this product by either using a cotton pad or your fingers, I would definitely recommend using your fingers as there is a lot less waste.
I definitely think that it is fair to say this product exceeded my expectations and more.
The texture of my skin has definitely become smoother, and the skin tone is 100% looking more even (I had quite a bit of redness around and under my nose after having an allergic reaction but this has helped significantly and after having said redness for a year I'm very happy to see it reduced.) It is also fair to say that my skin is looking brighter and a lot less dull, which in my books is NEVER a bad thing.

Within the Drops of Light range there is also a Brightening Serum, Brightening Eye Cream, Brightening Cleansing Foam, Brightening Day Cream and a Resurfacing Liquid Peel, and I tell you what I am desperate to try some more, if not all of the products.


Have you found any new favourite products recently?

Love El

xxx
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig